Certificate III in Split Air-Conditioning and Heat Pump Systems – UEE 32220
In this course you will learn to select components and install, test, fault find, repair and maintain refrigeration systems and equipment for food storage and preservation. You’ll also learn to apply these skills for air-conditioning and air distribution equipment for buildings and premises. The course covers the regulatory requirements for purchasing and handling refrigerants.
This course satisfies the requirements for workers applying for a (RAC01) Refrigerant Handling Licence with the Australian Refrigeration Council and the Mechanical Services – Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration – occupational licence with the QBCC. Once successfully completed, you can apply for your refrigerant handling licence through Arctick.
Presenter:Voll Edge Trainer
Time:7.30am - 4.30pm (QLD Time)
VIC: U5/262 Wolseley Place, Thomastown VIC 3074
QLD: Unit 3, 739 Nudgee Rd, Northgate QLD 4013
Training dates:Middy's will register your interest for this course with our Partner trainer Volt Edge (RTO # 32137) as a preliminary registration. Volt Edge will then contact you directly to complete your registration and organise payment.
Theory currently available self-paced online. Note Practical blocks of training available only in QLD and will be available in Victoria approx July 2024.
Content Delivery: Theory Assessment (Online Self-Paced), Practical Assessments (approx. 2 weeks Face to Face), On The Job practical Supervisor sign off.
Outcome: Certificate III in Split Air-Conditioning and Heat Pump Systems – UEE 32220
Units of Competencies delivered by Volt Edge:
- UEERA0031 – Diagnose and rectify faults in air conditioning and refrigeration control systems*
- UEERA0035 – Establish the basic operating conditions of air conditioning systems*
- UEERA0036 – Establish the basic operating conditions of vapour compression systems*
- UEERA0050 – Install refrigerant pipe work, flow controls and accessories*
- UEERA0051 Install, commission, service and maintain air conditioning systems*
- UEERA0052 Install, commission, service and maintain low temperature systems*
- UEERA0053 Install, commission, service and maintain medium temperature systems*
- UEERA0059 Prepare and connect refrigerant tubing and fittings*
- UEERA0062 Recover and charge refrigerants*
- UEERA0079 Safely handle refrigerants and lubricants*
- UEERA0081 Select refrigerant piping, accessories and associated controls*
- UEERA0094 Verify functionality and compliance of refrigeration and air conditioning installations*
- UEERA0007 Apply safety awareness and legal requirements for flammable refrigerants
- UEERA0054 Maintain microbial control of refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- UEERA0072 Resolve problems in hydronic systems*
- UEERA0073 Resolve problems in ice making systems*
Requirements: Prior to enrolment into this course, it is the student’s responsibility to check their individual state Licencing requirements to ensure they are able to receive the outcome they are wanting to achieve.
QLD = QBCC
NSW = NSW Fair Traiding
VIC = Victorian Building Association
Middy's will register your interest for this course with our Partner trainer as a preliminary registration. The Partner trainer will then contact you directly to complete your registration and organise payment.
Disclaimer: Courses are run subject to availability and enrollment numbers. Course dates may change subject to participant availability and ensuring minimum class sizes are filled. Courses non-refundable, alternate course dates will be provided if required.