Introduction to Schneider Electric Vehicle Charging
Introduction to Schneider Electrics’ EV offer. This course will provide an introduction to electric vehicles and related technology, helping you get up to speed in this emerging area early. It will cover the relevant technical features of makes and models of electric vehicles coming into Australia, the charging equipment appropriate to them (both AC and DC charging), and considerations around installation practices. This training aims to enable you to select and safely commission appropriate electric vehicle charging equipment to support your customers when they’re looking to support electric vehicles.
10.30am - 12pm. Lunch provided
Middy's TechEnergy Smart Centre
214 Wellington Rd, Clayton VIC 3168
Tue, 20th Feb 2024
Wed, 15th May 2024
Wed, 14th Aug 2024
Electric Vehicle Charging Course. Australia is on the verge of a transport revolution, and one of the most important features of this revolution is the capacity to charge Electric Vehicles (EVs) in workplaces, shopping centres, main street and domestic residences. The course is for Electricians who want to enhance their skills set and business opportunities in this area.
- Why are EVs going to replace petrol cars?
- EVs available in Australia – now and coming soon
- Charging rates and vehicle range
- Single phase, three phase, and DC charging equipment – which equipment for which job?
- Charging connectors and cable types
- AS 3000 requirements as outlined in the new version – Appendix P
- Standards around EV charging equipment
- Electrical considerations – maximum demand, RCDs, isolators, etc
- Network requirements, where applicable
- Use of EVs as a Battery Storage System for householders
- Where to buy products, documentation and selection guides
Participants undertaking this course will be billed through their existing Middy’s account.
Class sizes limited to ensure quality hands-on training. Spaces allocated on first in first served basis.
Disclaimer: Courses are run subject to availability and enrollment numbers. Course dates may change subject to participant availability and ensuring minimum class sizes are filled. Courses non-refundable, alternate course dates will be provided if required.